Significant changes happening re Covid Protocols. March 22 all restrictions are to be lifted – wow , Covid is still around, though, so how these changes will impact individual tango dancers and their approach to our local events is yet to be determined. Tangonova founder Margaret looks forward to dialoguing with you all in the next few weeks. Meanwhile enjoy the return of the light and support tango practica and classes.
Jan 19, 2022 Tango events UPDATE: I am considering holding the first 2022 community Tango practica next Thursday Jan 27, and classes thereafter. Details TBS.
Jan 2, 2022: It is currently not comfortable to gather for group tango lessons, masked or not, due to the highly contagious Omicron covid variant and the number of tango people waiting for boosters as of Jan 2,2022.
Tangonova will continue to check in with the provincial health guidelines re dance classes, as well as with the local tango community, so that as soon as it is workable and people are ready, tango activities can resume in one way or another.
If it appears that the current situation is going to continue for a more than a few weeks into 2022, then I will consider creating Zoom classes again. It is not really my “thing”, but I managed to offer a few last year, and learned a lot in the process, so why not try again?
Keep evolving everyone and don’t give up! Happy new year!
Don’t forget to stay in touch, and let me know how you are doing!
HI Folks – looking for tango classes this fall? I am starting up my classes & events end of September, early October.
- A Taste of Tango: Free Trial class for beginners on offer September 30. Pre-registration recommended, and proof of vaccination required. Contact Tangonova or phone 902-229-8585,
- Leading Ladies Class in the works: interested students please contact me.
- Thursday Practica to resume Sept 30th at DanSpace/proof of vaccination required.
- Home studio Monday Class will start in October. Possibly one other weekly class.
- Semi-Private lessons/2 couples/reasonable rates/ arranged at your convenience.
- Fall Milonga Schedule listed on the classes and events page. Saturday, Oct 2 is the first one!
- Just curious about tango? …drop in to a practica or take a private lesson, before signing up for a series.